Application: Grease Trap
Industry Type: Hospital
Epsom & St. Helier NHS trust was created following the merger of two previous trusts on 1 April 1999. The trust is made up of eight hospitals, Epsom General Hospital being the second largest with 323 beds and 25 specialties.
A thick layer of fats, oils, and greases (F.O.G.) which caused overflow and bad odor in the grease trap:
- Heavy use of the restaurant facilities developed a layer of F.O.G (fats, oils, and grease) over 1.5 meters in the grease trap.
- This layer caused the grease trap to overflow regularly.
- Bad odor was affecting the health of the maintenance staff. The odor was reaching the hospital corridors.
SUPER CHEM-ZYME IV reduced F.O.G layer
By installing a dosing pump, set to dispense SUPER CHEM-ZYME IV for five minutes every other day, the layer was significantly reduced and the foul odor was eliminated.
SUPER CHEM-ZYME IV, a specifically formulated biological Drain Maintainer applied to grease traps buildup and emulsified grease and organic waste so that bacteria are able to digest it.
Our Solution Means:
- Spending only €158 per week, a monthly saving of €317
- Labour saving of dozens of hours
- Elimination of foul odours, improving the quality of work amongst the maintenance staff
- Savings = €3800 per year